I am currently a classroom teacher and also work as literacy consultant when I am not spending time with my fourth graders.
I'll be happy to help design a workshop and/or presentation that best supports your needs for K-6 students. The following is a list of partial possible topics:
- Bringing Conferring to the Forefront of Reader's Workshop
- The Rituals and Routines that Support Conferring with Readers
- Strengthening Conferring to Build Independence
- Discovering the Power of Reading Conferences
- A Conferring Structure That Supports Readers
- Using Conferring as Formative Assessment
- Stretching and Strengthening Our Ability to Confer with Readers
Around Reader's Workshop...
- Encouraging Long-Thinking in a Fast-Paced World
- Exploring the Gradual Release of Responsibility
- Planning for Thinking Strategy Instruction
- A Glimpse into My Classroom - What I've Discovered
- The Rituals and Routines that Support Workshop
- Strengthening Independence with Young Readers
- A Closer Look at Thinking Strategies
- Reader's Notebooks and Their Role in Reader's Workshop
- Linking Units of Study to a Specific Thinking Strategy
- Bridging Reading/Writing Through Thinking Strategy Instruction
- Creating Rituals and Routines to Support Writers
I am also available to provide classroom demonstrations and work directly with your staff or organization.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you would like to schedule a school visit, a workshop, or a conference. I do use a booking agent and I will direct you to them after we communicate and discuss my work with you.
You may also contact Chandra Lowe, the Marketing and Promotions Coordinator for Stenhouse Publishers at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking her name (it will direct you to the website).