Friday, September 18, 2009

In Memory


Greetings to all of you this lovely morning!  We just made 35+ cupcakes for my youngest daughter's birthday (soccer balls)....  

Today... in honor of my mom, Freda, play a game of Yahtzee with your students or your own family (it's how I learned to multiply and add)!  Or call your mom and tell her you love her!  

We had my mom's funeral nine years ago today.  I wrote and read her eulogy (which I shared with her before she died), which included a read of Badger's Parting Gift by Susan Varley... for all the kids.  It was the perfect book to share with the grandchildren (included Isaiah 35 for the adults).  Sometimes we keep looking for new books and forget the incredible literature that's just classic.
Have a little fun today!  And, Happy Friday....

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog today - working my way backward and realizing I've found a kindred spirit! My childhood included immersion in Dennis the Menace and Peanuts also but until now I never really thought about them as a springboard to lifelong reading! Your yahtzee post touched me the most though - I was looked after by an 80 something neighbor after school for several years and we played yahtzee constantly! I teach first now and will bring in my well loved Mickey Mouse version for my students this fall in memory of your mom and my lovely neighbor - thanks for a touching memory. Merry Sunshine (aka Karyn)

    ReplyDelete