Sunday, October 18, 2009

Spiders and Their Websites...


This is an older book from my collection that I rediscovered while organizing some books at home.  I bought it because of the content and the catchy title.  
     It's a book I've used to provide short pieces of text during a study of determining importance in text.  The organization of the text and the descriptions of the spiders (and daddy longleg) are well-written and fact-filled.  I love the illustrations at the bottom of the page that explain different features of each spider.  Children love reading about how webs are constructed, prey is caught, and little details (creepy and gross) that intrigue the reader (like how spiders actually drink their prey).
     When you reorganize your book collection, you'll be surprised by the gems you find!  This is one of mine.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment